How to get rid of bulky Uterus in Simple Steps
Your Uterus is a beautiful thing — it’s where babies grow. But if your Uterus starts to grow too big, it could have a huge impact on your life.
The uterus is the main reproductive organ that nourishes a fetus until birth. bulky uterus means? A bulky uterus, in contrast to the standard size of the organ, which is about the size of the fist, happens because of abnormal changes in uterine tissue. A bulky uterus can cause amenorrhea (missing menstrual period), irregular periods, and infertility.
In the bulky uterus, the uterine wall swells up. According to Alana Healthcare Study on Adenomyosis (a condition in which uterus muscles are affected), the uterus size changes from 8 x 5 x 4 cm to 6 cm thick and 12 cm long. If this size change is due to pregnancy, it is expected to be normal. But, if the change is due to any other unexpected reason, immediate medical attention is advised to eliminate the chances of any severe problem.
Suppose you are looking for a trustworthy center that can help you with your fertility problems. In that case, Aastha Fertility care is the best option for you. The center has been working extensively with its patients to help them conceive, solve their bulky Uterus or fibroid problems, and eliminate other sexual and intimate issues.
What is Bulky Uterus and Why Does It Occur?
As discussed above, a bulky uterus is a condition in which the Uterus grows bigger than the normal size, 3 by 2.5 inches. Usually, a uterus is considered bulky if the Uterus size exceeds 12 cm in size or has dimensions of about 8*5*4 cm dimension. Many causes can cause bulky Uterus; however, some of the most common ones are as follows-
Pregnancy is the most common reason for a bulky uterus. This happens due to the growth of the fetus, which can lead to lining enlargement. The size of uterus can grow from a fist to the size of a watermelon. However, this is natural and does not require medical attention.
Perimenopause is a condition that a woman attains before menopause. The fluctuating hormone levels during this stage can cause a bulky uterus. However, once a woman attains menopause the size gets back to normal. But sometimes it does not and leads to the condition of a bulky uterus.
Thus, women who are approaching menopause are advised to plan for gynaecologist appointments frequently to get the changes in their bodies addressed.
3. PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome)
PCOS is another condition that can cause bulky uteruses in women. There are many types of PCOS issues that lead to abnormal shedding of the lining of the uterus. Also, the endometrium is shed during menstruation, but sometimes the lining remains intact in some women, causing a bulky uterus. A study published by National Center of Biotechnology Information shows, about 4-20% percent of women suffer PCOS during their birth-giving years, which can be a significant cause of a bulky uterus.
4. Ovarian Cysts
Sometimes fluid-filled sacs develop over the surface of the ovary. This problem is mainly without any symptoms; however, sometimes it leads to a bulky uterus. This problem can also cause inflammation, excessive bleeding, pain in the back, etc.
5. Endometrial Cancer
Medical conditions, such as cancer in the uterus area, can also be another leading cause of bulky uterus. This condition is generally seen in women above 50 years. Usually, the disease can be caught in the early stages due to the bulky uterus condition. So make sure to visit a doctor before the situation goes out of hand.
How To Get Rid of Bulky Uterus
- The first step to treating a bulky uterus is to diagnose the underlying cause. This may involve physical exams and imaging tests such as ultrasound or MRI.
- Once the cause has been determined, a treatment plan will be developed based on the individual’s condition and medical history.
- Medication such as hormonal drugs may be prescribed to help shrink the uterus and alleviate symptoms.
- If medication is not practical, surgery may be necessary, such as a myomectomy to remove fibroids or a hysterectomy to remove the uterus.
- Minimally invasive procedures such as uterine artery embolization or endometrial ablation may also be recommended.
- Lubricants can be used to ease pain during sexual intercourse.
- involve regular check-ups, lifestyle modifications, and exercise.
- A healthy diet including fresh fruits and vegetables and less fat and salt intake can help get rid of a bulky uterus faster.
The specific steps may vary depending on the individual’s condition and medical history, and a healthcare professional should be consulted for personalised guidance.
Guide on Getting Rid of Bulky Uterus By an IVF Expert
If you are experiencing a bulky uterus, consult with a healthcare professional to determine the cause and appropriate treatment options.
An IVF specialist can offer insight and recommendations based on their expertise. They may suggest that:
- The underlying cause of the bulky uterus should be identified before treatment is prescribed.
- Treatment of bulky uterus may include medication, surgery, or other interventions depending on the severity and cause of the condition.
- A bulky uterus may impact fertility or interfere with the success of IVF treatment. It is important to address any underlying issues before proceeding with IVF.
- Hormone treatments or minimally invasive procedures may be recommended if the bulky uterus is due to fibroids or adenomyosis.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including regular exercise and a balanced diet, may also help manage a bulky uterus.
*Note that treatment options may vary depending on individual circumstances, and consulting with a healthcare professional, such as an IVF specialist or gynaecologist, is recommended for personalised guidance.
What Are The Risk Factors Associated With A Bulky Uterus?
The problem of a bulky uterus generally does not cause any ill effects on health. However, apart from the pain and discomfort, a woman with a bulky uterus lining may experience some difficulties in the childbirth process.
However, before reaching any conclusion on the condition of a bulky uterus, it’s recommended to get it checked through the procedure of Hysteroscopy. In this procedure, a light tube is inserted into the vagina, allowing doctors to examine the Uterus inside the cervix. The hysteroscopy cost in India is also very affordable and ranges from 20,000 INR to 25,000 INR at Aastha Fertility center.
Some of the problems can affect your daily life if you go through a Bulky uterus. Some of the issues are weakness, cramping, constipation, pain during sex, and menstrual abnormalities.
Also, Dr. Namita Kotia, the head of the IVF center says that women should not worry; those who have bulky Uterus as “IVF can help you conceive even if you suffer from the problem of bulky uterus”. The procedure of IVF is extremely simple and is not painful. The step-wise process of IVF is as Follows–
- The normal cycle of women has stopped using tablets or injections.
- Then fertility hormones are injected into the woman, so she produces more eggs than usual.
- Under the influence of sedatives, by using a thin needle, the ready eggs are then collected; when the eggs are mature.
- The egg is then fertilized with the sperm of the donor in the lab.
- The fertilized eggs are then grown in an incubator within 3-5 days.
- One or two fertilized embryos are then implanted back in the Uterus of the woman. A blood test can indicate and confirm pregnancy in women.
- You can freeze the remaining eggs for further cycles.
Home Remedies For Treating Bulky Uterus
Some ways can help you treat the condition of a bulky uterus naturally and easily. Some of the home remedies are as below-
- Take a lot of liquid diets such as fresh juices and a lot of water so that the toxins flush out your body easily.
- Avoid carrying weighty weights or doing strenuous exercises, as they can make the situation worse.
- Use heating pads, which people generally use to reduce stomach pain, and one of the best home remedies for period stomach pain. This lowers the pain in the abdominal area and makes you feel better.
- Drinking ginger tea and having timely pelvic massages can also make the condition better.
- You can also take painkillers if the pain is out of control But make sure that you do not use them too frequently as they can also cause complications during pregnancy.
If you are suffering from a bulky uterus, you should get yourself checked immediately. This condition can cause many health complications and can also cause problems in conceiving in the future. Aastha Fertility Center is an advanced fertility center where patients are treated with utmost care and all the latest ways of treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
In most cases, an enlarged uterus is not a cause for concern unless your doctor suspects something serious. Enlarged uterus demands treatment only in the following symptoms.
– Irregular bleeding and painful period
– Pain during intercourse
– Feeling like stuffy abdomen
– weakness and paleness
An enlarged uterus due to common conditions is not a problem however this should be confirmed by CT scan. Usually, fibroids cause uterus enlargement but if sonography or other tests are unable to find out the exact cause then cancer is suspected which should be treated on time to avoid any severe problems.